Bamboo Juersey - an actual step to my thoughts of Living Fabric

If you've been here before you might know that I sometimes sew for money. Lately, I have been working with a local designer who works in bamboo jersey for her dresses. I have always liked the feel and breathability of this fabric.

When you are sewing high end dresses any flaw in the dye or fabric means a piece can't be used. I lucked out recently in that 2 scarves or pashminas (they were quite large) I was making were bolt ends and had imperfections. I brought the dye imperfections to the designer's attention and I was able to adopt them as "scrap".

I finished the scarves the way I would for the designer and then handed them off to another friend of mine who painted them up with stencils for me and one as a gift for a friend.




My friend has since moved to the UK so if I luck out into any more large pieces I will have to paint them myself.

Soon I will post what I'm doing with the rest of my bamboo jersey scraps.


Comments