WTF Friday - really? A hard to find sewing tutorial?

One of my favourite things about the internet is that information is so easy to find. Except today. Today I was having trouble with one of my 5 sewing machines.
My Elna home coverstitch machine can use up to 3 needles side by side, but I usually only use 2. Trying to turn a couple corners on a pointed hem detail that is about a 70 degrees, I realized I've only really used this machine for a year. I was having trouble with bunching fabric and stitch overlaps. I decided to seek help on the internet and got nothing back.
 In the end I went old school and dug out a couple sewing books. From there it was scrap material and a whole lot of practice. Just like the old days.

I forgot to get a picture of my final project before it left the house, but may write a couple tutorials myself in the next year or two. Until then, practice, practice, practice.

Do you like trying new techniques? I definitely thought about changing the detail to a normal straight line but I'm glad I stuck with the practicing.

Comments